23 June 2016

Facelift

No.....dont go !!! This is indeed the correct blog. It's just.....different. A bit slicker. A bit refined. Dont you just love this new look? I hate to admit but the old RSOTM looks a bit too girly and childish, dont you think so? Those flowers, blinkies, cartoons and animations are just a bit too much. We need to look professional in order to be treated like one and this new template definitely portrays that. Yesss !
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok, stop ! Cut the crap !

The fact is that I love my old template so very much I feel like crying already. The flowers, the blinkies, the animations....those are the lifelines to my blog. They made the blog looked so cheerful and fun. Who cares about looking professional....they are just so boring. I love to see those colourful widgets that decorate my blog.....the animated marquee which welcomes my readers....those daisy buttons....uwaaaa i miss them already.


Here's what happen. Last night when I logged in to my blog, they looked so messed up which was entirely my mistake for deserting it. Images  went missing, widgets malfunctioning, labels gone haywire and a few more glitches here and there. So, today I thought of tidying things up in here, so that it wont looked that pathetic anymore, but little that I know this noble intention would end up in disaster.

Apparently, after a few years I have forgotten a lot of things about maintaining a blog. Things like HTML scripts, CSS and widgets were all so familiar, yet so alien to me. Nevertheless, I started deleting all unnecessary widgets without realizing that I have accidentally deleted the blog background.....yes that beautiful stripes background.  

If I had stopped and think for just 30 seconds, then I would still be looking at my chirpy, beautiful template. I've spent the whole day trying to resuscitate my old template but to no avail. What's done can no longer be undone, the milk has spilled and no points crying over it. Only thing I can do now is to just being positive about it.  At least I didnt lose the whole blog kan......

Same blog, same content......new look and of course, new hope.



0 comments:

Post a Comment