01 July 2013

My So-Called Corelle Disappointment

So, I've gotten my Corelle......and technically I should be happy, right? Frankly, I was happy when I first get hold of the box.....my face was gleaming with joy and smiles were all over my face. Unfortunately the smiles and the gleam lasted for a mere 1 minute. 


Here's the thing.....


When I opened up the box, this is what I see :


The first thing I grab was the mug and the moment it's in my hand, my heart immediately filled with doubts. From what I knew, Corelle's product are known for it's thin and light features but this mug is certainly none of those. They were heavy and thick. But what actually freaked me out is the print at the back of it : Made In China ! 



The first thing that rushed into my head was that I've been cheated. No wonder it's cheap, I kept on telling myself. Feeling confused & disappointed, I quickly did a quick search in the net to find out whether or not I've been cheated.

Hahahaha.....silly me ! I dont even have the full knowledge about the product and yet still wanna be skeptical of it. I deserved a slap on my face that day. Apparently, I was not cheated after all - what I bought is a genuinely a Corelle. Only the mugs were made of porcelain and came from China since they were an extension to the original set.  The plates are all light and thin as claimed and the Made From USA prints are clearly printed at the bottom of it. 

So, that's the mug part and no, I am not done yet. 

You know when you are with frens eating at the restaurant? You thought what you've ordered was already the best from the menu not until all the food arrives at the table. Suddenly the food in your fren's plate looks more tempting and you started to regret.

The thing here is, my mum ordered a set of the Corelle too after I told her about mine. Her choice was the Daisy Days set, which looks like this :

Now that both sets are in front of my eyes, the Fine Lines set doesnt look that nice anymore ( here we go againnn.... ). Daisy Days seems nicer.....huhuhu. The Fine Lines suddenly looks plain and boring. Just look at this luncheon plate....macam kosong sangat kan?



At least the dinner plate looks better- not as bare as the luncheon plate, from what I see it.



You see, once the negative aura surrounds you, all you can see are flaws and more flaws. Next, I started examining the soup bowl and the black lining kindof hurts my eyes....just why cant they make it in red?



Aduyaiii.....why do I have to be this mengader2 kan? I am sure all you will be saying that by now. At one point I thought of calling Jun and change my set to different design but come to think of it, nahhhh.......I know I cant be easily pleased. So, I am just gonna stick to what I have and make the best out of it. I know it wont be easy but I dont think I really have a choice.

Be happy and the most important thing, BE GRATEFUL !


0 comments:

Post a Comment