02 May 2012

Suck-Ups


Something amazing happened in my office this morning & I just feel like sharing it here in my blog.

I was doing my work when one of the manager in the office came to me to discuss on a project I am currently working on. So, there we were taking and discussing intensely on the subject when the boss's secretary came and told the manager that the big boss is already in.

At that moment itself, in the middle of our "intense discussion", he turned & walked towards the boss's room. It was as if he's being hypnotized whereby he just turn away from me & walked away - without saying even a single word to me who is apparently still talking to him. No "sorry"...no "excuse me"....no nothing at all ....and all i know, I've probably become the first Invisible Woman in the region !

Amazing isnt, it? 



Sucking up in the work place is normal....in fact, very normal. There are at least one employee in every office who sucks up to the boss. In fact, chances are there are a lot more than one. One who constantly hurls flatteries at superiors or laugh a little too much at their so-called jokes. Or maybe one who brings in chocolates for the managers or offers to grab them a coffee from time to time. Or the type of employee who simply stays back in the office just to impress the boss ( though all he's doing is browsing the net !! )

These Suck-Ups....well, everybody knows them. Love them or hate them, the Suck Ups sure know how to get what they want by knowing just the right things to say and a whole lot of brown-nosing. To get what they want, they don’t care who they have to lay on all the false flattery to..as long as they get what they want in the end.

Honestly, I dont really care about these group of people. If you have the quality of being one, go ahead and lick up those ass till it shines. But please have some dignity on yourself - do it in the subtly manner and know just the right amount to flatter without coming across as being too fake. Dont make it so transparent that everyone can see right through you and make them lose their respect on you.

The best thing is still to work you ass out. Work and work smart, efficiently and for the good of your organization. That’s the best way to get ahead and feel good about yourself at the same time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment