06 July 2011

Does Quality Comes With Price?




About a year ago, I was given a handbag with a price tag of RM200 ++ which to my standard, is considered expensive. And honestly, I would never spend that much of money only for a handbag but since it was a gift from a friend, I accepted it with an open hand, of course.

The fact that it was the most expensive handbag I ever had ( so pathetically sad, isnt it? ), I didnt use it as often. Most of the time it would be carefully kept in its case, hoping that it would last forever ( again, pathetically sad.....).

Last week, I thought of using that particular handbag since it suits my entire outfit. Guess what happen? To my surprise, the outer layer skin of the bag has peeled off. I dont mind if it shed its skin to a better looking ones like the snake did it. But unfortunately it's not for this case.



The peeled skin has created a horrible patches around the bag. It was at the front, at the back, at the side, at the handle - they were practically everywhere......aarrgghhhh !!!! Though it's not my own money but I've only used it for not more than 10 times, for crying out loud !

Honestly, this is not the first time it happened to me but it IS the first time it happened to an "expensive" bag of mine...huhuhu. Quality does not always come in expensive price tags. And expensive price tags do not always mean quality. There are a lot of cheap items that still carry the quality one approves of, like my 2 year old 50 bucks handbag which is still in its best condition.

So, if you intent to buy an expensive handbag today, think twice. Why pay more when what you are getting doesnt worth the price !

0 comments:

Post a Comment