02 April 2010

Just Remember Me......

After sending Marsya off to school, I've decided to browse the internet since it's still early. To my surprise, I've came across the news of Din Beramboi who passed away early this morning @ 12.30 am due to haemorrhagic dengue fever . It was only a few days ago I've read in the papers that he was in the ICU @ Selayang hospital. Well, when it's your time to go, nobody could ever stop it. Al-Fatihah to him - may he rest in peace.


Death is one of the many experiences everybody get to share. Prominent people are said to be remembered because of their contributions to the industry. But then, how about ordinary people like us? This question popped out from my mind after reading the news of the late Din Beramboi earlier. I just wondered what would people remembered about me after I make an exit to this world?

People are best at forgetting. I think that while many famous people will be remembered a lot of them will be forgotten as well. It is the way that things go. To me, as long as my family & friends remembers me, I'm okay. I just want to be known as a good person who was sweet, kind and loving who always tried to give her best to all.

In death, as in life, a good person is what I want to be remembered as. I've gone thru so many things in life, did as many too - some of them I regret, some I'm proud of but above all, I've always tried to do the right things. However, as a normal human being I just can escape from making mistakes. I served my parents & family to the best of my ability, perform my duty as a mother as best as I could & I gave to the community. I dont know whether it'll balanced the book well but at least I know I've tried.

Of all the people I knew, my daughter may remember me the most. I may be remembered by my child as the most fierce & crazy mum she'd ever known ( my child, it's all for a good cause ) - apart from being the most creative & fun mum to be with. But then, all I want to be remembered as is a person who loves her the most - nobody else could ever love her more than I do.

I may be remembered by my parents & siblings as the great family entertainer for all the laughter I've made when I''m with them. Also, the great chef who always introduce new menus for Hari Raya or other family events - either that or the evil chef who always makes them spend the whole day in the toilet for all the chillies she used in her cooking! But then, all I want to be remembered as is a child or a sibling who would always love them with all her heart !

I may be remembered by my friends as a person who would always there to make them laugh with my cheap & slapstick jokes. A person who enjoyed shopping, eating & traveling very much. But then, all I want to be remembered as is a friend who would always inspire them to enjoy everything life has to offer!

I may be remembered by my colleagues as a person who loves to cook & sharing it with them at the office. Movies supplier, blogger addict & a scooter rider would be among the things I would be remembered for. But then, all I want to be remembered as is a colleague who are always willing to share her knowledge with others !

I would like be remembered as to how I lived, not how I die. Honestly, I've never dream of something grand - just a simple, "She was a good person."



let there be no tears but laughter...
let my funeral be a carnival, celebration of my life...
let people not talk of how I had died, but of how I lived...
careless, reckless, selfless and unconditional...
let there be music, to soothe any sadness...
for my words had always been the songs to uplift them...
let there be games to play, for my ideas were always a challenge that made them winners...
let there be thanks, not condolences, so I know as I watch from above, I had touched their lives and made it rich, as rich as they have made mine...





p/s This is how emotional I am : I cried after finish writing this entry......huhuhu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment