08 July 2010

The Gift



I've been thinking the whole day (despite of the amount of work I had at the office) what to write for my today's entry and I end up with nothing. Zero. Nil. Perhaps my mind was fully occupied with valves that I cant seems to nail down any interesting topic to talk about. Honestly, I could bitch about men again & again if I want to since their stories had never fail to "amaze" me so far. But then, I've decided to be nice & give them a break & write about something else for a change. The problem is I'm currently experiencing this situation known as writer's block. My brain just suddenly stop producing ideas. Help !!!!!

Anyway, in order not to disappoint my loyal readers I've decided to write a book review. The last review I made was on Sophie Kinsella's latest book, Twenties Girl ( oohhh.....I love this book so much). Not that I stopped reading right after, I've just stopped writing book reviews. The latest book I've read was The Gift by Cecelia Ahern.



Honestly, Cecelia is never my favourite author. I've read a few of her books & among all ( PS I Love You, Thanks For The Memories, A Place Called Here to name a few), only one book really captured my heart, which is Where Rainbows End. One thing with me - I love reading love stories and it doesnt need to have a happy ending either. Reading love stories lifted my spirit high up that I feel like walking on air. And that feelings definitely makes me feel good. Wonderfully good that is.

The Gift. A nice book for the holiday season but has a moral that is good for the entire year through. Lou is a workaholic striving to move up in his company despite his competition. He offers a coffee one morning to a homeless man who is sitting outside his building and whom he has passed by every other day. A series of events begins to transpire as Lou learns what is truly important in his life.

Just not my cup of tea. Definitely not a chick-lit - a sappy Christmas book with a touch of fantasy in it. The underlying story and the message Cecelia tried to passed on to her readers are somewhat achievable but it never really hooked me. Personally, I wont recommend this book unless you love sad & depressing stories.

Anyway, after finished reading the book , it will makes you think about life and how to live it to the fullest. It makes you appreciate what you have rather than always searching for more.....

Memorable Quote: Time is more precious than gold, more precious than diamonds, more precious than oil or any valuable treasures. It is time that we do not have enough of; it is time that causes the war within our hearts, and so we must spend it wisely.


0 comments:

Post a Comment