16 August 2010

Kota Kinabalu 2010 - Part II

A glimpse of the mountain - pic. taken from the car on the way to Kundasang


I was planning to continue writing about my recent trip to KK over the weekend but then I was so into the relax mode that I couldnt even turn on my lappie. This weekend was one of the best weekend ever - after many, many long & tiring weekends before. It's a weekend I'm so looking forward to. I finally managed to stretch all my tired & restless muscles for two solid days ! Such a wonderful week !




Ok, back to my KK stories. As mentioned earlier, the journey from KK town to Kundasang would take approximately 2 1/2 hrs through a winding road up the hills ( or mountain? ). It pretty much resembled the road from Simpang Pulai to Cameron Highlands of which in both events had make me really sick. This is a common problem to a person who normally sit behind the wheels. The moment they became the passenger & had to sit at the back, their body systems get haywire.




Our first stop is at Pekan Nabalu - a very small town with lots of stalls selling handicrafts, fruits & local products. It's the right spot to stop for a short break. Not too far from this place, we were then brought to this one clear & open area where we could could clearly see the tallest mountain in South East Asia - Mount Kinabalu. It was such a remarkable sight that no words could ever described it. Looking at it gave me a sense of satisfaction & pleasure, now that I could tell the whole world that I've seen it with my own eyes - the MOUNTAIN, that is. I just wished I could climb it some day........


0 comments:

Post a Comment