04 December 2010

Hate & Forgiveness


Life is filled with cruel & mean people. People who broke their promises, people who tell lies without a slight of conscience in them, people who cheat for a living and heartless people who deliberately destroyed other people's life, dreams & hope. It is indeed one cruel world we're living in.

We came across these kind of people throughout our life. If we're lucky, we'll come out of it alive & stronger. Nevertheless, the anger & hatred towards those people will stay within ourselves leaving us feeling very bitter & frustrated.

Speaking of this, I myself have a couple of names in my hate list. Names of the people who've messed up my life when all I ever gave them are love & kindness. Just thinking of the terrible things they did could send shivers to my spine - shivers of hate, that is.

A friend of mine was telling me the other day that I should start learning to forgive for my own sake. Forgiveness would not do that much of goodness to others. It may not influence a change in the behavior of others one bit. Forgiveness is never about other people - it's about doing ourselves a favour.

When you forgive someone, or get over something, you are giving yourself the time and energy you spent on holding on to that hate, or frustration. When you forgive someone you free yourself up to become a better person.

The question here is, would I be able to do it? Would I be able to forgive those people who've left me with nothing else but sufferings? Would I be able to forgive those people who've left me crying for weeks? And would I be able to forgive those people who've left so much pain in me that they completely erase the word "trust" from my vocabulary?

Honestly, I doubt I could ever do it. Hating is much more easier as it doesnt need that much of an effort. Forgiveness on the other hand, is much, much more harder - it's a process we have to work through. Am I willing to take this step forward in becoming a bigger & happier person? I dont know...... only time will tell.

Maybe eventually I will forgive........but to forget? NEVERRRRR !!!


Psssttt : "I cant change your past but if you give me a chance, I can indeed give a positive impact to your future"


0 comments:

Post a Comment