02 August 2009

Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir


This is the newly opened recreational park in Ampang area which is situated by the Middle Ring Road II highway - just at the Ampang exit (if you're coming from Kesas). This lake is one of the many deserted mining pools in the city which have been transformed into a sleek recreational area - hats off to the Kuala Lumpur City Hall !



The lake holds some sentimental value to me though. I used to had an evening stroll around the lake with my best fren, Atie since her family stayed just a few metres away from the lake. We would brought with us some kuih or keropok & had a mini picnic there while enjoying the calming & soft evening breeze. The lake is also a famous fishing spot for the Ampang residents.




The government started to develop the lake about a year ago. Every time I passed by the MRR-II, all I could see was a 10 feet high fence surrounding the area making it impossible for anybody to have a sneak preview of the park. It was not until June this year that the fence was finally brought down to reveal the wonderful sight of the park. Ever since I had a glance of the park, I've told myself that I would be among the first who would go there once it's open.




I'm not really sure when it is officially open to the public but since last week I've been seeing people using the park. So, today I've make it a point to experience the serene & tranquility of the park myself.




It was approximately 8.30 am when I reached the place. It was indeed a very nice & beautiful park - spotlessly clean & sleek with
a well laid-out jogging track, surau, exercise stations, food court, an activity centre and the pre-requisite children’s playground. I just hope the Ampang citizen is grateful & thankful enuff that they would take good care of the park.


These couple must be so in love that they've forgotten the fact that they're too old to be on that swing - darn vandals !




0 comments:

Post a Comment