05 August 2009

Qing Zhen Chinese Muslim Restaurant




Having to attend a seminar / training can be a very painful experience sometimes especially when the things that were discussed it's not directly related to our job......the boredom, the sleepiness, the dreadfulness...... all these the the tortured situations we'll have to go through without fail. But then, as the saying goes... every clouds has it's silver lining. Of all the difficulties & hardships, there's a reward awaiting at the end of the road. In this case, it would be.....the food. Hehehehe....


Tonight, we're having an 8-course chinese dinner at the Qing Zhen, which is a Chinese Muslim restaurant located in the Novotel Hydro Majestic Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. I have made a few attempts to try out their food before but to no avail. There are always obstacles along the way which stopped me from being able to do so. This time, I would finally able to execute my so called "unaccomplished mission" & the best thing is that......it's FOC !




We arrived at the restaurant 15 mins ahead the schedule which gives me the opportunity to capture some nice views of the place with my IXUS 860IS. There is an aura of peace and tranquillity as I entered Qing Zhen with a touch of the Islamic architecture and soft Chinese music. The restaurant is not so heavily decorated with an amazing choice of ceiling lights.



Overall, the food is okay. I wouldnt say it's superb because I've tasted a much better chinese food elsewhere - Lai Po Heen @ Mandarin Oriental to be exact. Out of 10, I would rate them as 6 stars only - just a little bit above average. One thing I couldnt understand about Chinese course dinner is that, why does the rice comes last? We will be stuffed with all sort of food from chicken, prawns, fish etc and they expect you to still have a room for the rice! I dont know about everyone else but for me, it's way too much for one night. By the time we reached the 6th course, my stomach is too bloody tight already that I cant even shoved a single drop of liquid anymore !


0 comments:

Post a Comment