23 March 2010

My Seoul Ramblings



Today is my 3rd day in Seoul that is my first working day in my Korea office. The past two days I've been busy sightseeing around the city. It was okay - managed to visit a few of their old palaces as well as other major attractions there like the Seoul Tower, Itaewon, Korean Traditional Folk Museum etc. Met a few Malaysians at some of these locations too. It always feels good to bump into our own people when you're abroad especially when they are as friendly & warm as yourselves. God bless them !

If you'd asked me 10 years ago whether I love to travel, I would have said yes. But now, all I want is to go home to my princess......gosh, I missed her so much already. It's nice to travel for leisure like the trip I made to Bandung 2 years ago with my BFFs which is by far, the best holiday I'd ever had. All you need to do is have fun & enjoy - unlike a business trip.

On a business trip, it's 1 part pleasure & 9 parts pain. Sometimes if you're not lucky enuff, it'll be 100% pain - in cases where your schedule is too pack that you didnt even have the chance to get around the country you're visiting. As for me, I've been very lucky so far - I've always managed to find some time to escape from work & have some fun on my own.

But again, traveling for work is no longer something I look forward to anymore - especially like now, when Marsya is at school. She called me at least 5 times yesterday asking me questions about her homework. It's only her & my mum in the house and obviously my mum wont be able to help that much, isnt it? Imagine how would that leaves me feeling?

I was in Samsung office the whole day long - with no radio, no gossiping with Carol, no chatting session with the Consol girls and worst, no internet connections. It's just work, work & whole load of work. This is what I meant by that 9 parts of pain just now. Come to think of it, it's not really that worth it to be tortured for 5 solid days with 2 days of sightseeing in return. But then, what's fair in life? As mentioned earlier, I'm still considered lucky to still have that 1 part of pleasure as compared to some people who wouldnt have it at all ! Am counting my blessings......

Anyway, it was snowing yesterday here in Seoul - which was quite unusual at this time of the year where it is supposed to be spring already (according to my Koreans colleagues). I guess the Korean snow would just like to welcome me to their land. Kamsahamida !


0 comments:

Post a Comment