19 December 2009

Julie & Julia



I've just finished watching this movie which I've downloaded somewhere 2-3 weeks ago. I've never heard of the movie before though. The only reason I downloaded it is becoz it was rated 7.4 / 10 by IMDb ( The Internet Movie Database ), the site I've always used to check the movie's rating.

Looks like IMDb & myself are totally in sync. I would have rated Julie & Julia the same too. I like the movie - very entertaining, funny & inspiring. I watched the movie @ 10 pm & not even once I yawned ( & mind you, I'm watching it alone ) which showed how good the movie was. I really enjoyed watching it & Meryl Streep's brilliant acting has indeed contributed a lot to the success of this movie.


Julie & Julia is a combination of two true stories which was presented in two different spaces of time. The movie alternates between Julia Child's slow rise to fame as a cook in the 1950s and Julie Powell's attempt to cook 524 dishes and blog through the entire Julia Child's book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking in 365 days.


I somewhat felt the connection between myself and Julie since there are a few similarities between both of us .....chewahhhh. Ok, she loves cooking and so am I. She's a blogger just like me too. But then she's far more better than me la......not only she's smart & creative (to come up with the idea of cooking & blogging through a book), she's also married to such a nice guy unlike me who was married to a ........ since it's Maal Hijrah today, let's show some respect & spare the swearing & cursing.


The romance scenes for both couples are my fave especially the Julia-Paul couple. The fact that this movie is based on a true story really makes me feel so envious of them. Paul Child is such a sweet & adorable husband any women would love to be married to. In one of the scene, during a dinner with their frens on Valentines Day, he was giving a toast to his wife, Julia by quoting this : "Julia, you are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life. I love you darling girl" . So sweet....I'll just drop dead if a man would ever said that to me ( that explains why I'm still breathing! ).


Anyway, that's how guys are those days. Now in the current world, those good guys are considered a myth coz they've already extinct from this world. Like the dinosaurs. those generations were long gone. What's left are the species who cant even use the right head to think( if they ever really think - which I doubt they would! ). Well, I'd better stop commenting on this before I said something ugly - remember...... no swearing, no cursing today.

So, that's about it. Julie & Julie is indeed a great movie - sweet & nice. End of sentence.


0 comments:

Post a Comment